Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day



My husband surprised me with 2 dozen beautiful red and white roses for Valentine's Day. He's usually good with giving me something, but this is the first time for roses, I think. I would typically say that I'm not that crazy about roses, but these are gorgeous. He put them on my computer desk where I work from home, knowing that it's the first place I stumble to in the morning (I have a wretched 7:15 ayem meeting daily). What a great surprise! Work has been very stressful - looking at beautiful roses really helps.

Lovely, sunny day today. I noticed some crocuses out the other day, and the snowdrops and clematis are coming out, roses putting out new growth. I love this time of year, and while it is still cold and spring isn't here yet, it's my favorite, hopeful time of year.

No comments: